STEEL-GRAY is a compact cotton/polyester/stainless-steel fabric for HF+LF shielding. Typical application as curtain, floor mat, sewn into a blanket, room dividers, or bedding.
Important: For clothing the steel threads aren´t as soft on the skin as of silver fabrics, it feels a little like a scratchy woolen sweater. Tip: If using as sheets wear pajamas or use an extra sheet between you and the fabric so it does not rub on your skin.
- Good screening attenuation, even at high frequencies!
- Excellent cost/performance ratio
- Contactable (groundable) to shield LF electric fields
- Textile characteristics: Washable, easy to iron and process
Attenuation | Grounding
- This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). The indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz, view chart for other frequencies. Laboratory report ranging from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006, view report below.
- This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF). For this purpose a grounding is necessary, i.e. an integration into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB), please find suitable grounding accessories under “Grounding”.
- Width: 150 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Length: Available by the meter
- Attenuation: 42 dB, two-layer 57 dB
- Color: Gray
- Raw materials: 40 % cotton, 30 % polyester, 30 % stainless steel
- Weight: 120 g/m²
- Dimension stability: +/- 3 %
- Surface conductivity: 100-800 ohm (square resistance)
- Washing up to 60°C
- Iron without steam at degree 1
- Drying at low temperature
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry-cleaning
- Wash only with our special washing detergent TEXCARE, without enzymes or bleaching agents