SILVER-SILK is a silvered parachute silk / nylon fabric for the protection against high-frequency (HF) and low-frequency radiation (LF). Typical application preferable in technical applications to shield cables, handy bags, room divider, etc.. Sewable in the inside of articles of clothing due to the to good wash-ability of the fabric.
- Very high screening attenuation
- Antiseptic due to the full silver plating
- Contactable (groundable) to shield LF electric fields
- Textile similar characteristics: Washable, easy to process. Do not iron.
- Quality grade: High
Attenuation | Grounding
- This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). The indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz, view chart for other frequencies. Expert reports ranging from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006, view report below.
- This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF). For this purpose a grounding is necessary, i.e. an integration into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB), please find suitable grounding accessories in our shop.
- Silver products discolour with time and often already have discolorations right from the start. If you don’t want to accept discolorations, please choose a different fabric.
- Silver fabrics have a limited durability, depending on the frequency of movement.
- Our silver fabrics do not contain any nano silver, but a thick metallic silver coating.
- Width: 130 cm, /- 2 cm
- Length: Available by the metre
- 60 dB single layer
- two-layer 76 dB
- Color: Silver
- Raw materials: 80 % nylon, 20 % silver
- Weight: 45 g/m²
- Surface conductivity: 0.2 ohm / inch (2.54 cm)
- Washing up to 60°C
- No ironing
- Drying at low temperature
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry-cleaning