MCL61 is our magnetic shielding film made from an amorphous cobalt alloy for shielding of low-frequency alternating magnetic fields. Also shields low-frequency electric alternating fields (LF) and high-frequency fields (HF).
This product does not shield fixed or permanent magnets.
The cobalt strips in our MCL61 are flexible but hard even at small bending radii. The attenuation remains constant even at high mechanical stress. The cobalt strips are only 20 µm thin and extremely sharp so it is laminated for protection. Due to the lamination MCL61 is corrosion-resistant even in humid environments. MCL61 can easily be cut with scissors.
- Width: 61 cm
- Length: Sold by the meter
- Attenuation LF magnetic field: 30 dB (97 %); The attenuation depends on the number of phases, cable twisting, the size of the area, etc.; Work in large areas: Shield cables with 1-2 sheets, fuse-boxes with 2-4 sheets
- Attenuation HF: 75 dB
- Material thickness 0.1mm
- Weight: 265 g/m²
- Color: Silver
- Permeability: µ 2 = 10,000; µ 4 = 25,000; µ max. = 100,000
- Saturation polarization Bs: 0.55 T
- Coercive field strength Hc: 0.5 A/m
- Remanence Br/Bs: 0.7
- Curie temperature Tc: 225 °C
- Materials: Polyester, Co69, Fe4, Mo4, Nb1, Si16, B7
Warning: The cut edges are extremely sharp! Important: Its difficult to glue the film free of creases. Yshield recommend covering the area with solid wall coverings. Wall, ceiling, floor: Yshield recommend a high-viscous assembly adhesive, that adheres to non-absorbent substrates. Smooth the glue, lay the film, smooth with a pressure roller or squeegee. The sheets of MCL61 should be overlapped. It can be painted with any commercial synthetic dispersion paint. Please be aware that the film is a water vapour barrier on wall areas!
MCL61 is electrically isolated. To ground it, every strip has to be screwed with a chopper disk, that penetrates the polyester film. Please see the grounding kits in our shop.
All grounding must be done by a licensed electrician.
The shielding attenuations are regularly tested in YShield’s own laboratory, HF due to ASTM D4935-10, the LF magnetic field due to ASTM A698/A698M-07. Please see the test report below.