The modern alternative to a headscarf! This headgear (a fabric sleeve) can be worn in several ways: as a cap or as protection of nose, mouth and neck or for a complete protection of the head by using 2 headscarves. YShield’s Silver-Elastic fabric is very flexible and perfect at adapting to the shape of the head. Due to the high content of silver, Silver-Elastic is very durable and has an excellent attenuation of 50 dB.
This fabric has an electrically conductive surface on both sides and is groundable.
Please be aware that due to hygiene reasons, this product cannot be returned or exchanged.
How to put on the headgear
A headgear is usually worn as “pirate bandana”: 1) Turn inside out so that the seam is visible. 2) Put the headgear on your head (middle image). 3) Hold the underside of the headgear. Now take the upper side and pull it back over your head with your other hand. Finally, cover your head.
Attenuation | Grounding
- This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). The indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz, view chart for other frequencies. Laboratory report ranging from 40/600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
- Silver products discolour with time and often already have discolorations right from the start. If you don’t want to accept staining or discolorations, please choose a different item.
- Silver fabric durability depends on the frequency of movement.
- Our silver fabrics do not contain any nano silver, but a thick metallic silver coating.
- Diameter 24 cm, length 40 cm
- Attenuation: 50 dB
- Color: Silver
- Raw materials: 80 % spandex, 20 % silver
- Surface conductivity: 0.5 ohm (square resistance)
- Gentle cycle at 30°C
- No ironing
- No drying in tumble dryers
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry-cleaning
- Wash only with our special washing detergent TEXCARE, without enzymes or bleaching agents